7/17/2008

Pilates


I often hear that more and more people are interested in pilates recently. One of my friends is also interested in it and she enjoys it. However, what is pilates? What are the differences between yoga and pilates? Today I would like to tell you about pilates.

It is said that pilatis was created by the man named Joseph .H. Pilates in the early 1900’s as the way of rehabilitation. He was in delicate health when he was a child. He learned a lot about sports and exercise because he wanted to overcome his problems. During World War I, he worked as a nurse at the hospital to help the injured. He taught them the way of rehabilitation. It was pilates. In 1926, he went to America and established the studio in New York. Pilates was supported by many people there. And now pilates has been recognized as the medical treatment. Then what are the differences between yoga and pilates? One difference is that the way to breathe. Yoga needs abdominal breathing, while pilates needs thoracic breathing. Also the purposes and the effects are different. Yoga was originally to concentrate but pilates was to rehabilitate.

However, I think that it is common that people enjoy yoga and pilates as exercise today!
Pilates has been done by people of all ages because it doesn’t require skills or techniques! I have never tried it yet but I want to try it this summer!

0 件のコメント: